Vision, Mission, Core Values
The vision at Shaffer Elementary School is to create a school where family, staff, and the community work together to empower students to be successful, well-rounded, academically focused, global thinkers.
Shaffer Elementary School is committed to providing a solid foundation for higher learning, with a focus on developing strong academic skills, outstanding character, and respect for diversity, while addressing the social and emotional well-being of all students.
Values and Beliefs
- We believe that students learn best in a safe, secure, and respectful environment.
- We believe that positive adult/student, adult/adult, and student/student relationships are crucial to student learning.
- We believe in setting high expectations and providing equal opportunities in both academics and character development for every student.
- We believe that students’ learning, attendance, and behavior improve when they are actively engaged in meaningful work.
- We believe that purposeful adult collaboration improves student learning.
- We believe that each member of our staff has equity of voice.
- We believe that we can impact student learning by continuing to be lifelong learners.
- We believe that education is a shared responsibility. It is a partnership between home, school, and community.