Shaffer Elementary School is committed to providing a solid foundation for higher learning, with a focus on developing strong academic skills, outstanding character, and respect for diversity.
The vision at Shaffer Elementary School is to create a school where family, staff, and the community work together to empower students to be successful, well-rounded, academically focused, global thinkers.
Values and Beliefs
- Children are our first priority.
- Students should be encouraged to become lifelong learners and problem solvers.
- Teaching should be innovative and creative in order to meet the unique needs and interests of students.
- All students are capable of learning and are responsible and accountable for their academic performance and for their own behavior.
- Students’ learning, attendance, and behavior improve when they are actively engaged in meaningful work.
- Students learn best in a safe, secure, and respectful environment.
- Schools must have a consistent discipline program, which fosters student self-discipline and teaches and models expected behaviors.
- Education is a shared responsibility. It is a partnership between home, school, and community.